1. Dillon v. Farmers Ins. of Columbus, Inc., 2014-Ohio-431 where Farmers Insurance was liable for treble damages of $4,653.21, attorney fees of $20,540.00 and expenses of $3,989.38 for failure to receive written consent to use non-OEM parts to repair their policyholder’s damaged vehicle.
Watch the Ohio Supreme Court, February, 24th 2015 proceedings live from the court room.
2. State of Louisiana vs. State Farm Insurance – Louisiana Attorney General complaint;
a. Oral Ruling granting/denying Mtn in Limine to preclude Dr. Jennings testifying regarding shop damages– Allstate claimed type of damages shop sought were not recoverable under NY General Business Law (N.Y. G.B.L.) § 349 (Judge Bianco disagreed.)
b. Journal entry documenting oral ruling 3/13/14;
c. Journal entry clarifying Dr Jennings could testify to his “insurer market share v. single shop share of revenue” theory appropriate for jury consideration under NY GBL § 349 3/25/14;
d. P Ex 3 Allstate Ins estimate w/ disguised additional labor rate (line item concession at end of estimate);
e. A Method of Estimating the Cost of Auto Insurer Monopsony Power Abuse – this is DR Jennings’ M/R ratio theory that has now been Peer Reviewed and accepted.
f. NY AG Antitrust commentary to Antitrust Modernization Commission (MCF exemption and state law issues);
4. Crawford Collision Center v. State Farm et al – IL federal RICO complaint;
7. Artie’s Auto Body v. Hartford Ins et al – 2003 initiated state class action on labor rate suppression and unfair/deceptive trade practices;
a. Initial Complaint 7 9 03;
b. Class cert trial court ruling (Arties Class Cert pdf);
c. CT Supreme Court order affirming class certification – damages based on Dr. Fred Jennings’ economic analysis –Arties Auto Hartford CTSC 20 pdf;
d. Trial court ruling awarding $20M in punitive damages (Memorandum of Decision on P’s Mtn Punitives 6 5 13).
8. A & R Autobody v. Progressive – federal district court CT
a. Original Complaint;
b. Amended Complaint;
c. Various Pleadings/motions/responses available before confidentiality order went into effect;
9. Blue Ash Autobody v. Progressive – Ohio state class action (First Amended Complaint refilled case 11/30/12)
10. Westfall v. Progressive – Ohio state class action(Class Action Complaint Jan 14)