Automotive Education & Policy Institute Mission:
The mission of the Automotive Education & Policy Institute is to provide consumers with the information and resources necessary to ensure the lifecycle safety and usefulness of their motor vehicles and to provide collision repairers with the information and resources they need to serve their customers .
This Corporation is organized exclusively for scientific, educational, literary, and charitable purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code as now enacted or hereafter amended, including, for such purposes, the making of distributions to organizations that also qualify as Section 501(c)(3) exempt organizations. The specific purposes for which this Corporation is organized are to:
(1) conduct scientific testing to determine the safety and efficacy of automotive collision repairs and provide other testing on motor vehicles and associated products;
(2) provide information and education to consumers and the public at large concerning motor vehicles;
(3) perform research, studies, and analyses;
(4) publish technical and educational materials;
(5) provide training and conduct seminars;
(6) create and maintain a collection of information pertaining to motor vehicles, collision repair, automotive products, and consumer issues associated with motor vehicles; and
(7) take any action necessary, expedient, incidental, appropriate, or convenient to the carrying out the foregoing purposes.